Monday, February 1, 2010

If only life was a musical...

Some of you may think I am crazy, but I am only kinda joking. As I look out my window I think how much fun it would be to not just play in the now, but to SING while playing. And household chores would be so much more enjoyable...dishes, laundry, mopping the floors. A little twirl and a diddy with my mop would just make my day. And yes, I do occasionally sing and dance. And no, I do NOT have the best voice for it. Rogers and Hammerstein eat your hearts out.

I have been in a very musical mood lately. I think it really helps fight my winter blues. On my recent watch list: Fiddler on the Roof (I cried), Newsies (makes me laugh), Funny Face (wished I could go to Paris again), and the entire HSM series (just LOVE it). Whether you love them or hate them, you have to admit musicals are a classic piece of Americana...

3 comments:

  1. Um ok, so this is obviously awesome. I regularly think about the fact that my life should be a musical. I mean regularly. I make up all sorts of songs and can picture it.

    I also rocked out the Moulin Rouge soundtrack five or six times Thursday/Friday while working in the kitchen and then made Paul watch the movie with me Friday night. I now have almost every song stuck in my head but want to listen to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make up songs all the time... I'm passing that trait on to my child! LOVE singing and being silly. I've been obsessed w/ the glee soundtrack's lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find singing and dancing very helpful and theraputic. Moulin Rouge & Center Stage are along some of my favorites to clean to. I have to listen to the soundtrack since trying to watch and clean is extremely hard. Generally one suffers and it is always cleaning. HSM is great to just dance and be silly to. We all need a little silliness in life right?

    -Brittney

    ReplyDelete