Friday, April 30, 2010

Intentional Love

I have spent a lot of time lately thinking about family. I know it probably has a lot to do with my new role as a mother. It is so easy for me to take for granted all of the wonderful people I have in my life. My sweet baby boy is obviously one of the people I adore. He is such a joy. The way he crinkles his nose when he smiles at me, the way he cries (bellows is more like it) when I leave the room. How he crawls towards me when he plays on the floor. All the little ways that he shows me that he cares for me. It makes me wonder...Do the people I care for see this in everything I do? Do they see the little things?
During the course of a ladies' Bible study I am involved in, they challenged you to immediately go call/tell your mother that you love her. As it happened to be 11:30pm at the time, I didn't know that my mom would appreciate the declaration at that point. So I saved it. Two days later, I was leaving the house to run some errand or another, turned around and made a point of kissing her cheek and telling her I loved her. She lit up from within. You could see on her face the look I know is on mine when Levi climbs in my lap. She knew it wasn't a passing comment, it wasn't thrown out flippantly at the end of a phone conversation. It was just for her and I intended for her to know it.
So now I pass the challenge onto you. Tell the people you love that you love them. And make sure they know the declaration is INTENTIONAL!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to joining the girls Bible/Book study when you girls start a new book. Sounds like you are all really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete